All gifts to The Catholic Foundation for the Diocese of Greensburg must be completed on or before Dec. 31 to qualify for an income tax deduction this year.
- Cash contributions sent through the mail are usually deductible if they are postmarked by midnight on Dec. 31.
- Securities are generally deductible on the date they are fully transferred (if done electronically) to our books—not the date you ask your broker to make the transfer.
- Real estate gifts, in most states, are considered complete on the date a properly executed deed is delivered to us.
- Tangible personal property gifts are complete once the property is delivered to us.
- Life insurance gifts are considered complete on the date you sign the paperwork transferring ownership to The Catholic Foundation for the Diocese of Greensburg, assuming you properly forward the form on to the insurance company.
Contact Joseph DiMario at 724-552-2502 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about timing your year-end giving appropriately.